Wednesday, March 01, 2006

How Cool is That?

To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter ... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring—these are some of the rewards of the simple life.
John Burroughs

To the unfamiliar eye, my enthusiasm may appear to be over the man in the picture. Partially. But I am especially moved by the many hands through which the picture passed in order to arrive in my own. People I have never met hold me in high enough regard to trouble themselves with a simple act of kindness? Chokes me up every time.

3 comments:

Adam Renfro said...

Cool. That looks almost real.

:]

MaryAn Batchellor said...

Now the question is -- where to hang it? I like clean, white walls.

Anonymous said...

that is great!... I once bought a Jamie Lee Curtis autpgraph 8X10 on a drunken lonley evening at home surfing QVC and Shania sent me a personal one too but that's it