Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Hello, Helsinki

Found this picture when I visited the Helsinki Tourist and Convention Bureau website. Never been to Helsinki. Don't know anybody in Helsinki. But somebody in Helsinki drops in and reads my blog once in awhile. I know who two of the Australians are and I know at least one of the Canadians. As for the rest of the visitors outside the United States, I don't know what value they find in the blog of a screenwriting nobody but two percent of them regularly read it in German. My visitor stats are fascinating.

84% from the United States
8% from Canada
3% from the United Kingdom
3% from Australia
1% from Germany
1% from Switzerland

It's a shame that the statistical breakdown in Site Meter doesn't eliminate the passers through like people who arrive mistakenly looking for "The Bachelor" instead of me, the Batchellor! But, Site Meter gives nonpaying clients many more options than Blog Patrol, which I ditched after the program was down over a week for site maintenance.

Maybe there is no real value in knowing the monitor resolution and browsers used by my readers but when I see dozens of people in the Los Angeles area dropping by, I have the privilege of deluding myself into thinking that Steven Spielberg or Jerry Bruckheimer is, at this very moment, picking up his red bat phone and demanding that somebody "bring me THAT girl!"

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities.
Christian Nestell Bovee

No comments: