Friday, March 17, 2006

End of the Chase

Presently working out that deal with the devil I spoke of last week which would, most likely, put an abrupt end to my two years of rainbow chasing or, at least, drop it down into a much lower gear.

Great job. Great pay. Great hours. Great location. Good people. Little or no writing time. Too good to pass up. Yeah, I gotta do it. However, in those great words of John Lennon, "life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Life isn't waiting for me to make a sale and for some reason, the utility companies won't wait around for it either. Go figure.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not living off cheese balls and using water from the neighbors' faucets to flush my toilet. But, with a son one year away from college and another son on his heels, I need to be practical.

Funny that the pivotal part of the deal, which marks the decline of the rainbow chase, falls on this day -- a day to celebrate being who you are.

So, to those of you 80 or so visitors who plan to spend the evening drinking whiskey and green beer, sniffing shamrocks, getting gigitty on tabletops, frolicking in meadows or whatever it is Irish folk do to take a break from rainbow chasing, a very happy St. Patty's Day to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm mostly Scottish so it's cheap wine and Taco Bell for me tonight, plus A History Of Violence just came in from Netflix... hey, I'm going to miss your writing posts if you go all legit on us (smiles)

MaryAn Batchellor said...

Naw, I won't go ALL legit, just won't have as much time with my butt in the chair (which is actually a good thing for the ol' butt). I've gotten somewhat addicted to blogging and in a bizarre way, it helps me to process my thoughts in print -- er, sort of print. Probably won't be able to do it EVERY day though. However, deal still isn't done and it's their serve.