Oh sure, I could recount the story, the moving moments, impressive performances, delivery of dialogue, great sound, amazing cinematography and heart palpitating special effects -- but so will everyone else.
Instead, I'd rather mention how, as the Superman Returns title appeared on the screen, heralded by John Williams' signature theme and greeted with wild cheers and applause from an interactive audience of super-nerds predisposed to love this movie no matter what, I forgot all about:
* the obese guy rolling onto my drink holderThis movie made a joy out of what should have been a horrific cinema experience. See this film. I'm going back for seconds. But I may bring a pee bag of my own. It's a two and a half hour film and I'm not wasting one moment of Superman Returns in the ladies' room.
* the kid kicking my chair
* the putrid smell from vomit or old cheese under my seat
* the urine bag hanging on the wheelchair in front of me
* the eight teens I brought with me
* the $94.50 I spent on tickets