- Advance in the Nicholl at least once.
- Attend a big Hollywood premier and sit in the audience.
- Watch an epic beast of a film get shot.
- Hear one of my favorite screenwriters say about my work, "what a great story".
If I reach those goals, I have a secondary list.
- See my own film get made.
If I reach THAT goal, I do have yet another list.
- Witness a great actor begging on his hands and knees to portray my character.
- Author a screenplay that gets caught up in a bidding war.
- Receive a phone call from Hans Zimmer or James Horner saying he just finished my score.
Once I'm dead, there is still one more list.
- Be remembered by my children as somebody who left a positive footprint on this earth.
You know what? I think my last goal may actually be the only one that really matters. After all, we only have one life, one earth, and two feet. But yeah, I'm one of those 7000-ish. I don't really believe in luck but best of luck anyway to all my fellow screenwriting buddies who entered!