Monday, April 02, 2012

And We Have a Winner

Not quite. But at least I do know which screenplay I shall devote the next 29 days, 8 hours, 31 minutes and 42 seconds to. You know what I mean. Yes you do. Rewriting and polishing for the Nicholl. Well, now it's 25 seconds. 23. 22. 21. You get the idea. I have one major character arrival issue and several minor cleanup things that I'm undecided about but my biggest problem is proofreading. My screenplay is littered with typos and I have blinders on. When I quit sweating the small stuff and concentrated on story, I didn't intend to forget the small stuff altogether.

2 comments:

E.C. Henry said...

Good luck, Marryan. Glad to read you're going to be a partisipant this year. "May the odds be ever in your favor."

MaryAn Batchellor said...

According to the Nicholl Fellowship's FB post today, entries are running nearly 500 ahead of last year and just over 400 in front of the previous record for April 3. These odds don't look good at all (but I do get the Hunger Games reference) and I gotta admit that I'm wondering why I keep doing this? Oh yeah. Cuz it's the Nicholl!