Friday, August 14, 2009

The Jerry Springer Life

For the last two months, I have gotten little to no writing done. It's ridiculous. Inside my own house is peace, calm, normality. Normality? Is that a word? Anyway, around this sun of sanity orbits absurdity in my extended family. It's screwball nonsense at its purest minus the laughs.

It's not funny in real life.

Not at all.

Okay, maybe a little bit.

All right, yeah. A 65 year old woman in handcuffs is funny.

One of my favorite lines is from Sunset Boulevard where Joe Gillis says of Norma Desmond that you don't shout at a sleepwalker. That's what I've been doing by trying to force dysfunctional people see through a reality lens.

Can't be done.

I am not Jiminy Cricket.

2 comments:

E.C. Henry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaryAn Batchellor said...

Yeah, it was sad.