Thursday, April 12, 2007

Playing Blogosphere Tag

Tagged by Unk who was tagged by Caroline who was tagged by Ridley who was tagged by this person who, for some reason, is a dead end but I'm supposed to tell you five things about me that you don't know. Alrighty then. Of course, in the 360 plus posts on this blog, I can't possibly remember everything I've let slip but most likely I've never mentioned that --
  • I ate Special K with green tea for breakfast this morning. Shut up. I don't like milk. Hey, that should count for two, right?
  • I don't like milk.
  • I have six flutes and one piccolo but don't call me a flautist. I don't own a flaut.
  • I have two uvulas. I thought everyone had two uvulas and always wondered why cartoons were drawn incorrectly until I had a son born with birth defects including a cleft palate and I went in for genetic tests. Then I learned that -- oh, wait, this is the fifth one --
  • I was born with a cleft palate but it was incomplete and resembled the holes between your fingers if you loosely clasp your hands. It eventually healed itself but couldn't repair the split in the uvula -- leaving two uvulas.

And now, lucky me, I get to tag people who are probably too busy writing to play but I suffer and we all suffer so cheers Scott, potdoll, Lianne, Todd, and Olaf.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are talking about the palatine uvula... Correct?

Very cool... Thanks for playin'!

Unk

MaryAn Batchellor said...

The better to sing with, my dear.

Ann said...

Uvuli, uvulii, uvuli, uvulii-hii-hii-hii...

I've never heard of that! It's actually way cool. The green tea over Special K though, is plain creepy. No wonder I like you so much.

Lianne said...

I was tagged with the five things meme a little while ago MaryAn. Here are my answers: http://lightandshadeblog.blogspot.com/2007/03/five-things.html

Does that get me off the hook? I struggled to think of those five...

MaryAn Batchellor said...

Off the hook! I struggled to find five people far enough away that they couldn't sick their dogs on me for tagging them.

potdoll said...

I've been tagged before too but I'm sure I can force another five things out...

Lianne said...

Thanks MaryAn! And I would NEVER set the dogs on you, even if I was a bit nearer your neck of the woods! I don't mind being tagged, but the more personal ones I struggle with because my life just isn't that exciting. That's probably why I spend my days making stuff up ;-)

Adam Renfro said...

Your Special K and Green Tea mix just made me spit up my Special K and Tang Juice mix.

You got me. No idea what a "Uvula" is. Do we all have one?

I did want to name my son Vas Deferens because I thought it sounded like a cool, international soccer name.

MaryAn Batchellor said...

Your child's name choice just made me spit up my green tea and Special K.

Anonymous said...

Hi. have you ever lived in an apartment complex in Tacoma or sea-tac?? I knew a chic who lived in the same complex as my aunt and she had two uvulas. it was awesome.